Travelling in Corona Times
Last Updated 18th March 2020 at 8:00 am (GMT +8)
Travelling to Lombok in Corona Times
Since the outbreak of the Coronavirus, we have been monitoring the situation minutely and are doing everything possible to assist you with your upcoming travel plans. The safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is one of our top priorities. In light of the recent cases of coronavirus, we fully understand the concerns around travelling during this time.
Our flexibility on travel in Corona times
As Lombok’s Leading Luxury Hotel – offering the widest range of tailor-made accommodation packages – we also tailor our cancellation conditions for you. Certainly in this time. Because we want you to book your Lombok trip with minimum stress, we guarantee you can change your booking at any time.
Completely removing uncertainty: we simply cannot do that. What we can tell you is we have now 100% flexibility in the cancellation policy for new bookings. For new bookings made after 1st of March 2020 with stays between March 2020 and May 2020, the hotel arrangements at The Lombok Lodge can be cancelled free of charge at any time.
Transparency in communication is important here; if you request an accommodation proposal from us, we will inform you of the applicable cancellation policy.
We care for the safety and health of our guests and team members, and have taken the following safety precautions:
– All staff members’ temperatures are checked before entering the premises, and anyone that registers above 36.7° is not allowed to work
– Any staff with flu symptoms are refrained from working
– All guests’ points of contact such as tables, chairs, sofas, bar counter, bar stools and menus are sanitized every morning and after each guest use
– All other areas such as toilets, door handles, kitchen surfaces, electronic devices, etc are sanitized every hour
– We will refrain from handshakes between guests and staff members.
March 16, 2020
In response to COVID-19, the Indonesian government has suspended all fast boat services between Bali, the Gili Islands and Lombok starting March 17, 2020 until next 14 days. In order to help to stop the virus from spreading, we have decided to suspend as well the private day-trips offered by The Lombok Lodge, as well as our shuttle boat services to the islands, till April 1, 2020. Thank you for your kind understanding.
March 17, 2020
Government Policy In Indonesia Related To People Crossing From And To Indonesia in Corona Times.
Regarding foreign visitors from all countries, the Government of Indonesia has decided that the Visa Free Arrival (BVK), Visa on Arrival and Free Diplomatic / Service Visa policies are suspended for 1 month. Therefore, every foreigner who will visit Indonesia is required to have a Visa from an Indonesian Representative in accordance with the purpose of the visit. When applying for a visa, you must attach a health certificate issued by the health authority in each country.
In addition to the above, there are special policies that concern the following countries;
1. The policy towards China is still valid according to the statement of the Minister of Foreign Affairs on 2 February 2020.
2. The policy towards South Korea for Daegu City and Gyeongsangbuk-do Province is still in accordance with the Foreign Minister’s statement dated March 5, 2020.
3. Travellers who within the last 14 days visited the countries below are not permitted to enter / transit to Indonesia. These countries are: a. Iran; b. Italy; c. Vatican; d. Spanish; e. France; f. German; g. Switzerland; h. UK
4. All arrivals/travellers must fill out and submit a Health Alert Card to the Port Health Office prior to arrival at the entrance of the Indonesian International Airport. If the travel history shows that in the last 14 days the person concerned has visited these countries, then the person concerned may be refused entry to Indonesia.
The above policy will take effect on Friday 20 March at 00.00 West Indonesia Time.
This policy is temporary and will be evaluated in accordance with developments.
The Bright Side
The bright side of the Corona ‘Saga’ is that we have a very special deal available
Check our latest newsletter >
In addition, many experts believe coronavirus cannot stand the sun as nearly all viruses and bacteria cannot survive strong UV radiation.
So it never hurts to visit Lombok as soon as times are better and to sunbathe in the Indonesian morning sun!
The Lombok Lodge is keeping a close watch on developments related to the coronavirus.
At this stage, Lombok has no confirmed cases of Corona.
Our hearts go out to those around the world who’ve been impacted by the virus.